Website Usage Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- This website contains material including all images which is owned by or licensed to Jackie Smith This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You agree to indemnify us and each of our officers, employees, agents, contractors, suppliers and licensors (collectively, Affiliates/Referral Partners) in respect of any liability, loss or damages (including all legal and other costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered or incurred by them arising (in whole or part) out of the breach of or failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions, or any other default or wrongful conduct in relation to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, on the part of you or any of your Affiliates/Referral Partners.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Occasionally, an event may need to be cancelled or postponed by us, a keynote speaker or venue for a variety of reasons. Venues are also subject to change. As soon as we are notified of any amendments we will contact all customers by email and by phone if it is urgent. If the event has been cancelled, you will be entitled to a face value refund, as the booking and transaction fees are non-refundable. If an event is rescheduled or moved venue, you are usually given the option of retaining your tickets for the new date/location, or claiming a face-value refund. The letter or email will contain details on how to obtain this refund, or you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please note, however, it is the customer’s responsibility to check whether the event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue, and Jackie Smith and/or any of our associated companies websites or it’s promoters cannot guarantee that they will inform the customer of any changes to the event date, time or venue.
- In the event of an event being cancelled or postponed, Jackie Smith and/or any of our associated companies websites or its promoters cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the customer for travel, accommodation or any other related service.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order that further to investigation we deem to be possibly of a fraudulent nature. These checks may include, but not be limited to, a request to be provided with an original credit or debit card statement, attempts to contact a customer by telephone, reference to records to check for other fraudulent activity at an address.
- We will not share your personal information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent unless where required by law.
- Refer to the Refund Policy for information about refund options and timeframes.
- If you have registered your interest with Jackie Smith and/or any of our associated companies websites, including our partners sponsors and keynote speakers; and thereby given your consent, you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have expressed an interest in or that might be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive further updates please unsubscribe by contacting email@example.com with Unsubscribe in the subject and using the email address you’re receiving mail from us.
- We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves. We will always comply with any data protection legislation currently in force.
MEDIA TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Client acknowledges that Jackie Smith may take photographs and film footage of the Client during the event and may use the photographs and/or film footage for Jackie Smith promotional and/or commercial purposes, including for use on any of its websites. The Client agrees that filmed/recorded material may be reproduced for those purposes, as film, audio or written quotation.
- The Client indemnifies Jackie Smith and will not hold Jackie Smith liable for any of the photographs and/or film footage being lifted off its websites or other publications, be reproduced on Facebook or other web sites or elsewhere, or otherwise communicated or made available to the public or sections of the public.